Kingston launched the Wi-Drive, a wireless, Flash memory based portable storage solution that allows users to play videos, access music or share files with other Apple device owners.
The pocket-sized Wi-Drive utilizes Flash memory based technology to store data from a USB-compatible desktop or laptop. These files are then retrieved via Wi-Drive’s built-in wireless signal without requiring cables or an Internet connection. Three users can work simultaneously with different file types from a single Wi-Drive even whilst staying connected to the Internet.
To begin using Wi-Drive with any of the compatible Apple products, users simply drag and drop files from their desktop or laptop to Wi-Drive via USB cable, similar to a typical USB Flash drive data transfer. Users then download the Wi-Drive application from the App Store before connecting the Wi-Drive to their device.
Kingston offers Wi-Drive in both 16GB and 32GB sizes and the product will be available only at Apple Premium Resellers.
Kingston Wi-Drive features and specifications
- Capacity: 16GB, 32GB
- Dimensions: 121.5mm x 61.8mm x 9.8mm
- Wireless Network Interface: Wi-Fi 802.11g/n with wireless security (WPA/WEP)
- Rechargeable Battery: up to four hours of continuous use
- Cable: Mini-USB to USB cable included. User can upload files and content from their desktop or laptop to the Wi-Drive using the USB cable
- Compatible with: iPad, iPhone 3G/3GS/4, iPod touch (3G is limited to iOS 4.2.1+)
- Configurable APN (access point name) and Key functions to connect to Wireless Access Point (Internet Connection)
- Supported File Formats: AAC, MP3, WAV, m4v, mp4, mov, Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), AVI, jpg, bmp, tiff, pdf, doc, docx, ppt, pptx, txt, rtf, xls.