IRISS will hold its second annual conference on Wednesday the 23rd of November 2011 in Dublin. This is an all day conference which focuses on providing attendees with an overview of the current cyber threats facing businesses in Ireland and throughout the world and what they can do to help deal with those threats.
- Keynote Speaker: Mikko Hyponnen, Chief Research Officer, F-Secure.
- Detective Inspector Paul Gillen, Head National Computer Crime Unit, An Garda Siochana.
- Rik Ferguson, Director Security Research & Communication EMEA, Trend Micro.
- Dale Pearson, Founder of HeadHacking.Net.
- Robert McArdle, Manager EMEA Forward Looking Threat Research, Trend Micro.
- Ryan Jones, Managing Consultant, Incident Response EMEA, Trustwave SpiderLabs.
- David Rook, Security Analyst at Realex Payments.
- Hugh Jones, Data Protection Specialist at Longstone Management Ltd.
Also as part of the Irish CERT’s Cybercrime Conference, IRISS will be hosting Ireland’s premier Cyber Security Challenge, HackEire.
The HackEire challenge will see 10 teams compete against each other in a controlled environment to compromise a typical business network and to be the first to exploit weaknesses in a number of systems and declare victory. The purpose the HackEire competition is to demonstrate how attackers can gain access to systems and allow attendees at the conference to learn from the event on how to prevent similar attacks from impacting their network.
Registration for the event is open.
The following video shows the highlights from the conference in 2010 at which over 200 people attended: