HP expanded its Enterprise Security Solutions portfolio to help enterprises establish and execute a comprehensive security strategy to deal with threats resulting from the rise of mobility, cloud computing and social media.
In order to do that, HP has unveiled a number of security tools:
- HP ArcSight Express 3.0 delivers correlation, log management and user-activity monitoring.
- HP Reputation Security Monitor provides clients with an real-time list of known bad IP and DNS addresses to combat attacks that exploit web application vulnerabilities.
- HP Fortify Software Security Center suite – An application security testing solution available on-premises or on-demand that scales to identify vulnerabilities in thousands of applications.
- HP TippingPoint Web Application Digital Vaccine 2.0 service extends protection to commercial and custom-built online applications with real-time identification of vulnerabilities in web applications, and delivery of virtual patches until a fix can be developed.
The company has also introduced several new enterprise services:
- HP Information Security Management services deliver a comprehensive approach to managing security policies and processes.
- HP Enterprise Cloud Service – End Point Threat Management protects desktop and notebook PCs and servers against viruses, malware, spyware and intrusions by blocking unauthorized communication and preventing installation of unwanted programs.
- HP Security Information and Event Management services collect and log security-relevant events, and generate predefined reports to demonstrate compliance with policies and regulations.
- HP Application Security Testing-as-a-Service identifies and closes security vulnerabilities in the application layer with code scanning and web penetration services.
In addition, the company is now offering a one-day Enterprise Security Discovery Workshop based on the HP Enterprise Security Solutions framework, which helps clients understand their organizations’ vulnerabilities to external and internal threats, and the HP Secure Boardroom – an enterprise-level online portal that combines existing sources of security data into one central system so that senior-level executives and CIOs are provided actionable information that facilitates investment and management decisions.