Netgear unites home networking and storage
A CES Innovations Design and Engineering Award Honoree, the NETGEAR Media Storage Router (WNDR4700) embodies the intersection of two of the most important consumer technology trends of the last few years: The desire to store and stream large amounts of HD content and other media around the home and the need for high-speed, secure wireless connectivity for the rapidly growing number of Internet enabled devices in the home.
The ability to provide both Apple Time Machine backup and Windows PC backup services differentiates the high performance storage capabilities of this product. The Media Storage Router leaps ahead with up to 900 Mbps of combined WiFi speed and the industry’s best WiFi range for maximum performance.
The device comes with an integrated 2TB hard drive that is consumer-upgradable at any time.
The WNDR4700 also provides two high-speed USB 3.0 ports for adding more storage capacity or for converting existing external USB hard drives into networked drives, making it the most advanced combination of wireless router and storage available today.
- Simultaneous Dual Band 450+450 – Concurrent 802.11n dual band 2.4 and 5 GHz, 450 Mbps on each frequency, with combined speed up to 900 Mbps for streaming HD and 3DHD videos, simultaneous downloads, and online gaming
- Ultimate Range – Improved for larger homes.
- ReadySHARE Vault – Automated continuous/scheduled backup for your PCs, Mac computers, iPads, tablets, and other devices on your home network.
- Time Machine compatible – Automatic backup for Mac computers.
- Integrated hard drive for storage – Customer upgradable internal high performance 2 TB SATA hard drive.
- ReadySHARE Cloud – Access and share files on the integrated or attached USB hard drive anywhere you have an Internet Connection.
- Media server – Stream stored media files to DLNA media player like game consoles, TVs, and networked media players.
- ReadySHARE USB – Wirelessly access and share USB hard drives with your Mac computer or PC.
- ReadySHARE Printer – Wirelessly access and share a USB printer from your Mac computer or PC to a connected USB printer.
- Easy installation – Simple browser-based setup for iPads, PC, MAC computers, smart phones and tablets. No CD required.
- Business-class WiFi security and firewall – High-level wireless security for the home: Stateful packet Inspection (SPI), intrusion logging and reporting, denial-of-service (DoS) protection.
- NETGEAR Genie – Easy dashboard to monitor, control & repair home networks.
- Four Gigabit Wired Ports – Ideal for HD gaming and video and fast data transfers for USB 3.0 external hard drives.
- Fine-tuned antennas – Optimized for best wireless range.
- Live Parental Controls – Keeps your Internet experience safe using centralized, fliexible and customizable filter settings for your connected devices.
- Guest Network Access – Separate and secure access for guests using the WiFi network.
- Push “N’ Connect – Secure push button WiFi connections with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS).
- WIFI and Power On/Off – Convenient power savings.