Acunetix Web Vulnerability Scanner 8 (WVS) echoes years of counter-hacking experience through its new ability to lock hackers out by integrating scan results into Imperva’s Web Application Firewall, and by recognizing a new breed of vulnerabilities through new detection methods.
Additionally, Acunetix WVS 8 takes vulnerability scanning to a new level by integrating automated features, making it quicker to launch a scan with less configuration required.
New feature showcase:
- It can automatically identify URL parameters and manipulate them to detect vulnerabilities. This technology is not present in any other competing vulnerability scanner.
- It can determine if a custom error page is in use, and recognizes it without needing any recognition patterns to be configured before the scan.
- Using the web application’s web.config file, WVS 8 can automatically interpret rewrite rules without requiring any manual input.
- It can be relaunched as multiple instances on the same machine, allowing the user to scan multiple websites enabling further support for multi-user scenarios on the same server/workstation.
- It can save the settings for the scan of a specific application as a template, making it quick and easy to recall those exact settings for the same application each time it is scanned. This is particularly useful when auditing multiple sites, enabling the user to load the template for each site instead of re-configuring everything manually.
- In addition to the introduction of Scan Settings Templates and automatic custom 404 error page recognition, the Scan Wizard contains far less options so it’s much easier and quicker to kick off a scan.
- Accessible via a web interface, the new Scheduler allows administrators to download scan results from any workstation, laptop, or smartphone. The new Scheduler will automatically launch another instance of WVS when multiple web scans are due, preventing multiple processes from depending on the resources of one WVS instance, and thereby allowing scans to complete in less time.