Endace launched OSm 5.0, the latest software release for their range of accurate high speed network monitoring and recording systems.
OSm 5.0 offers:
- Real time indexing of monitored packet flows
- Application classification
- Real time network-wide anomaly detection
- Traffic visualization capability
- One-click network-wide data mining
- Granular access controls for fine-grain user administration.
At the heart of OSm 5.0 is EndaceVision, a new browser-based application that gives authorized users the ability to see inside their global high speed networks.
EndaceVision is accessed through a web browser, is optimized for use on tablets and presents users with a single consolidated view of all the information collected by the monitoring and recording fabric.
Using EndaceVision network and security, engineers can:
- Set up and monitor a range of alarms for network performance, network latency and security anomalies through a single consolidated dashboard
- Visualize traffic related to any kind of event or anomaly by bandwidth utilization – down to 100 microsecond resolution and application type
- Drill down into traffic using an elegant workflow to access higher resolution information about a particular host, user or application
- Overlay detected anomalies on top of traffic visualizations to add color and context to an investigation
- Share visualizations among users utilizing integrated screen sharing capabilities and save standard visualizations for future reference
- Download packets of interest associated with an event from any point across the network for a full forensic investigation inside a protocol decoder.
With the inclusion of the new application classification capability, Endace Systems have the ability to recognize nearly 600 different applications. With visibility into the application layer, organizations can, for the first time, truly understand which applications are running on the network and how the presence of different applications impacts performance and behavior.
OSm 5.0 is available this quarter, and is delivered as standard with every Endace System purchased. Endace Systems start at $20,000.