Lavasoft released Ad-Aware 10, a complete redesign of its free anti-malware software. With a new interface, the software package has been completely re-written from the ground up and comes complete with everything consumers need to protect their PCs including anti-spyware and anti-malware through its “active protection” feature.
Active protection constantly monitors the activity on a computer and suspends suspicious files and blocks malicious processes to prevent infection.
In addition to a redesigned user interface, faster antivirus and legendary anti-spyware protection, new features in Ad-Aware 10 include:
- Enhanced Real-Time Protection immediately detects malware before it harms your PC
- Download Protection automatically scans files before they are downloaded on your hard drive and detects malware before it can ever be launched. Its real-time protection quarantines infected files before they can do any damage
- Ad-Aware Security Toolbar is a toolbar that works within Internet Explorer and Firefox to scan URLs and links in real-time to warn users of phishing and scam sites before they can attempt to steal personal information
- Game Mode ensures the PC remains protected while playing games or watching movies online in full-screen mode without the interruptions or strain on system resources that other security software programs cause
- Advanced Two-Way Firewall complements and enhances the protection offered by typical routers and provides more robust security than a computer’s built-in Microsoft Windows Firewall
- Intrusion Protection technology identifies malicious activity and attempts to stop odd behavior that is considered harmful – blocking threats coming from the network, the PC or the Internet
- blekko’s Search Engine Toolbar, available with the Ad-Aware download as well as in the standalone Ad-Aware Security Toolbar, eliminates spam from search results to provide high-quality, safe content for users.