Qualys introduced a private cloud version of its QualysGuard Cloud Platform that allows customers to host and operate the security and compliance platform within their data centers to meet the varying needs of Private, Community, Public, and Hybrid Cloud services.
Packaged as a virtual application to allow for rapid deployment into existing virtual infrastructures, the QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform is a standalone version of the full multi-layer, multi-tenant services architecture of the QualysGuard Cloud Platform, deployed for the private use of a specific customer or partner.
The QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform is of particular interest to customers and partners with one or more of the following characteristics:
- Customers and partners located in countries with strict data sovereignty rules prohibiting the movement of sensitive security information across national borders.
- Government entities with strict data possession requirements, which prohibit the use of public cloud services.
- Hosting providers that want to offer value-added security services to their tenants, serviced from their own infrastructure.
- MSSPs that want to provide a more exclusive offering to their customer base.
- Large organizations with hundreds of thousands of IT assets and corresponding large security and compliance data sets.
“As organizations and government agencies continue to consolidate data centers, leverage virtualization technologies and open their IT environments to business partners and third parties, they now have the opportunity to build security into the fabric of their datacenters,” said Philippe Courtot, Chairman and CEO of Qualys. “The new virtualized QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform allows us to extend our security and compliance solutions to such environments that require a private cloud instance on premise, offering the full benefits of our cloud solutions without the complexity and cost associated with deploying traditional enterprise software.”
A QualysGuard Private Cloud Platform is comprised of a package of hardened, Linux-based virtual machines running the various QualysGuard components, including web, application, database layers, and a standby failover database to ensure high-availability. Qualys Operations provide ongoing updates, monitoring and backup to all private platforms in order to keep them current with the latest product and content releases.