ModSecurity makes full HTTP transaction logging possible, allowing complete requests and responses to be logged. Its logging facilities also allow fine-grained decisions to be made about exactly what is logged and when, ensure only the relevant data is recorded.
The ModSecurity Development Team announced ModSecurity 2.7.0 Stable Release which includes many new features and bug fixes.
- Internationalization (I18N) Support
- HMAC Token Injection to prevent data manipulation
- PCRE JIT Support to speed up regular expression operators
- Caching Lua VMs to speed up multiple scripts
- Ability to add exceptions based on TAG and MSG data
- Per-rule Performance information in audit log.