Total Defense announced Total Defense for Business, a solution that combines cloud computing with the delivery of multi-layered protection through the integration of various security technologies.
The new cloud-based offering also protects users irrespective of location and operating system, even when they are outside of the corporate network, by applying and enforcing policies consistently at the cloud level – a key differentiator in an age of mobile and remote workers.
“With Total Defense for Business we are changing the security game to address the proliferation of new threats, more mobile endpoints, and explosion of web and cloud based applications and data,” said Paul Lipman, CEO of Total Defense. “There is nothing on the market like it today, and we are proud of the benefits it will bring our customers.”
Total Defense for Business is the only solution on the market that leverages the power and flexibility of cloud computing, with the delivery of complete multi-layered protection, through the integration of three critical security technologies:
- Advanced endpoint anti-malware and application controls: protects Windows, Mac and Linux devices from malware, secures & controls applications being used by end users and protects against threats from removable media;
- Web filtering and malware protection: cloud-based URL filtering including sophisticated anti-malware security, real-time dynamic content analysis, outbound data leakage prevention, application controls, quota management and policy compliance;
- Email security: cloud-based anti-spam and email threat prevention, providing a clean email connection and securing against malware, blended threats, unwanted content and outgoing leakage of sensitive data.
“Traditional security approaches are no longer adequate in dealing with the proliferation of threats, increasing application vulnerabilities and the rapid adoption of cloud for business applications,” said Fran Howarth, senior analyst at Bloor Research. “Total Defense is changing the game by offering a suite of mature technologies that answer those critical needs, including a range of complementary capabilities that are above and beyond those typically seen within this market sector.”
Total Defense for Business provides advantages over traditional appliance or software-based security solutions:
- Multi-layered security: With today’s multi-layered threats, and industry reports showing that most malware now emanates from the web, multi-layered security is a “must have”;
- Remote user protection: Protects all users irrespective of location, even when they are outside of the corporate network, by applying and enforcing policies across users anywhere in the world;
- Rapid deployment and simple administration: Deployable in hours, rather than the days or weeks that are typical for on-premise software and appliance solutions. No tedious upgrades and no maintenance requirements: you always have the latest and best protection;
- No upfront expenditure and predictable costs: No software installation or administration is required and there are no upfront implementation costs;
- Always up to date: Total Defense’s cloud security network has unparalleled insight into emerging threats, with the flexibility and speed to keep pace with the changing nature of threats.