HP helps organizations define a security strategy
HP announced a new set of security services that help organizations respond to, remediate and mitigate the impact of security breaches as they occur.
Security breaches are increasingly disruptive to organizations and can significantly damage an organization’s reputation and destroy shareholder value. The cost implications of these breaches can be huge and often expose organizations to litigation. According to a recent study conducted by the Ponemon Institute, the average data breach event in the United States costs an organization $8.9 million.
The HP Security Breach Management Solution combines HP’s services expertise with security intelligence software to offer clients a comprehensive approach to protect what matters most to their organizations. It provides clients with the security intelligence to more quickly identify a breach and react to it, as well as minimize its impact and reduce ongoing exposure from vulnerabilities.
“It’s nearly impossible for organizations to prevent a breach, but they can take control of how they respond,” said Andrzej Kawalec, CTO, Enterprise Security Services, HP. “Combining HP’s portfolio of services and software, the HP Breach Management Solution arms clients with the tools and resources to monitor, manage and respond to breaches head on, minimizing their impact while readying for the next attack.”
Accelerate response times
The HP Security Breach Management Solution features the new HP Forensic Readiness Service, which helps clients get ahead of attacks before they occur. Leveraging the knowledge of experienced HP consultants, the service helps organizations proactively establish policies and procedures surrounding forensic investigations. As a result, clients are equipped with the resources to quickly gather the best-quality digital evidence in the event of an attack and can apply these policies and procedures to gather and document evidence when the next attack occurs.
HP Forensic Readiness Service enables clients to:
- Assess current policies and procedures for breach investigation to develop a plan detailing activities, timelines and potential technologies that organizations should consider to improve their forensic readiness.
- Establish an appropriate forensic readiness policy to create a systematic, standardized and legal basis for the admissibility of digital evidence that may be required in the event of a formal legal dispute.
- Understand how to best handle forensic investigations and gather digital evidence in the event an incident does occur.
Regain control during a breach
The HP Security Breach Management Solution features services that span the entire security life cycle, ranging from proactive planning and risk management strategies to immediate response measures. Together, these offerings provide a holistic approach to breach management and enable clients to reduce security-related costs, gain greater control of the situation and lower their exposure to risk.
With HP Security Breach Management Solution, clients can:
- Contain attacks immediately with HP Breach Response Service, which provides 24/7 expert monitoring to detect and respond to intrusions. In the event of a breach, HP dispatches a team of security professionals to the client’s location to assess and investigate the breach and provide recommendations for reducing exposure to future vulnerabilities.
- Develop a clear set of processes and policies for the collection and analysis of evidence following security incidents with HP Digital Forensic Services.
- Adhere to regulatory compliance for use in legal investigations and audits following an incident by leveraging HP e-Disclosure and e-Discovery Services, which help organizations develop tight policies and processes for capturing and logging data.
- Collect, log, sort and filter relevant security events with HP Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Services, which leverage HP ArcSight offerings, to enable IT security operations to identify threats and protect systems against them.
- Mitigate the consequences of data loss or deletion through designing and implementing processes for backup and recovery with HP Data Recovery Services.