At the RSA Conference 2013 in San Francisco, AhnLab announced the AhnLab Malware Defense System (MDS), an enterprise strength security system that combines local and cloud-based analytics to stop advanced persistent threats and zero-day threats anywhere across the organization.
The solution delivers comprehensive threat protection, applying rapid malware recognition and remediation with real-time blocking of malicious network traffic and dynamic disruption of active security breaches. It protects endpoints, servers, networks and cloud resources, all within a single architecture and integrated management environment.
The most important advantage of AhnLab MDS is that all aspects related to file execution are considered when analyzing behavior. The system evaluates the results of the behavior analysis in combination with signature-based determination.
Additional information about associated files is reviewed, such as malicious characteristics, the risk level of the URLs or IP addresses that the file connects to, reputation information, and comprehensive behavior patterns. Moreover, much of the analysis is done in the cloud utilizing multiple scan engines and other techniques, to conserve resources within the appliance itself.
Benefits of AhnLab MDS include:
- Layered approach protects everything – networks, servers, endpoints and cloud resources
- Simplified management and rapid response to APTs anywhere across the enterprise
- Single source for security intelligence, product updates, systems management and technical support
- Superior analysis of potential threats, including detailed bodies of evidence for behavior that is suspicious but not definitively good or bad
- Automated malware removal and targeted disruption of malware network activity without affecting normal business operations
- Scanning of popular file formats frequently used by APTs for propagation in real-time; malicious material hidden in Microsoft Office documents, JPEG images, Adobe Acrobat PDF files and Adobe Flash videos is stopped automatically before it can infect systems
- Secure service enablement for social media and other essential online applications.
The solution’s design simplifies security for both system administrators and end users. All system operations are configured and managed through a single user interface. Alerts are directed to specific staff for follow-up – including access to critical information via mobile device.