SolarWinds announced a first full-featured yet free product, SolarWinds Alert Central.
IT pros can now centralize multi-system IT alerts in a single, consolidated view, give team members access to a scheduling calendar, escalate alerts automatically and enable IT personnel to respond from their computers or mobile devices with or without VPN access all for free.
According to a recent SolarWinds survey of over 150 IT professionals, IT pros need an easy-to-use, reliable alert management solution:
- Over 73 percent of survey respondents said alert management was a real pain in their organization.
- 65 percent said the methods they are currently using to manage on-call scheduling were “somewhat” or “not at all” effective.
- 75 percent of respondents said they get alerts that are not their problem to deal with at least once a month, while 50 percent of respondents said this happens at least once a week.
- Getting alerts to the right people in a timely manner was listed as a major concern by many respondents.
SolarWinds Alert Central highlights:
- Offers IT alert management access to unlimited users, teams
- Consolidates alerts from multiple IT systems
- Manages on-call scheduling for multiple teams
- Escalates alerts automatically according to customizable rules
- Integrates with virtually any IT management product that sends alerts
- Sends alerts by email or text, user may respond with or without VPN access
- Provides a weekly statistical and performance data report for each user or team, including open and closed alerts, time to close, and more
- Completely free with no registration required.