AlienVault released its AlienVault Unified Security Management (USM) virtual appliance, a collection of open source tools for asset discovery, vulnerability assessment, threat detection, behavioral monitoring and security intelligence.
Key features of the AlienVault Unified Security Management virtual appliance include:
- Five essential security capabilities including asset detection, vulnerability assessment, threat detection, behavioral monitoring and security intelligence built-in for comprehensive security visibility and threat protection.
- Compatibility with VMware ESXi and Proxmox virtual environments.
- Simpler HIDS deployment for distributed environments, as well as enhanced and centralized HIDS administration via web-based user interface.
- Continuous vulnerability monitoring that increases vulnerability detection accuracy and avoids network disruption.
- Free customer support and maintenance as well as a subscription to AlienVault Labs Threat Intelligence for the first year.
“The sometimes underserved midmarket enterprise needs its security requirements fulfilled without having to invest significantly in architecture or products and almost certainly without having to expand its IT department,” said Javvad Malik, Senior Analyst in the Enterprise Security Practice of 451 Research. “AlienVault’s Unified Security Management platform will hit the nail on the head for most of these organizations. By bundling and integrating security controls such as IDS, IPS, asset discovery, vulnerability scanners and security intelligence, and supporting both virtual and cloud environments at a competitive price point, AlienVault has the potential to make significant inroads into the mid-market.”
Pricing for the AlienVault USM virtual appliance starts at $3,600, and the new product is available now.