Cisco announced a major revision of the CCIE Routing and Switching (R&S) Certification and expert-level training to meet the increasing challenges of enterprise networks evolving in size, scope and complexity.
As the network carries more essential services, networking experts are expected to anticipate, diagnose and resolve complex network issues accurately and quickly. The increasing importance of the network to drive significant productivity and cost benefits to organizations as well as the role of the network in transforming businesses have driven worldwide demand for skilled IT staff.
CCIE R&S Certification:
- Expert-level certification showcases an individual’s commitment to stand out in the job market and validates skills for employers. CCIE skills create a foundation for higher compensation and better professional opportunities. According to the Global Knowledge 2013 Salary Survey, the average salary of a CCIE R&S Certification holder is $125,800.
- CCIE R&S v5.0 was designed with input from Cisco enterprise customers around the globe covering the expert-level skills needed to speed time-to-value for network investments and maximize network productivity.
- Revised exams will include key technology areas including Dual-stack IPv4/IPv6 implementation, VPN technologies such as MPLS VPN and DMVPN and scenario-based troubleshooting of network faults.
- Support for IPv6 implementation prepares businesses for evolving technology trends including Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) and the Internet of Everything (IoE).
- The introduction of a new exam section assessing diagnostic skills will improve the certification’s validity and relevancy.
Cisco Expert-Level Training for CCIE:
- Revised expert-level training from Cisco covers the new certification standards and is offered by Cisco authorized learning partners. Candidates can register for the new v5.0 classes immediately.
- Training materials include state-of-the-art workbook labs with integrated virtual rack rental for hands-on training, full-scale graded assessment labs that simulate the CCIE Lab Exam and provide mentor feedback, and new videos on demand with technology labs covering v5.0 blueprint topics. Virtual rack rentals eliminate the need to invest in hardware equipment and provide familiarity with the lab exam environment, allowing candidates to address the CCIE Lab Exam efficiently.
- All current students subscribing to v4.0 training will have access to equivalent v5.0 content, and their subscription period will be extended by six months.
The new exams will be available June 4, 2014. Students can register for the exams through Pearson VUE, the primary test delivery partner for Cisco.