CryptoCube: Enterprise crypto and authentication in one rackmount
At the RSA Conference 2014 Futurex announced the release of CryptoCube, a purpose-built, all-in-one rackmount enclosure for the secure encryption, decryption, authentication, and validation of sensitive data.
The CryptoCube system consists of a customized, multifactor authentication-secured rackmount enclosure containing a mix of Futurex Hardened Enterprise Security Platform solutions tailored specifically to the needs of each organization using it.
Based on Futurex’s Hardened Enterprise Security Platform technology, CryptoCube houses FIPS 140-2 Level 3-validated Secure Cryptographic Devices within a single enclosure. System access is controlled through a touch screen display on the front of CryptoCube, with authentication managed using password-based credentials, smart cards, and biometric readings.
Enterprise security applications of CryptoCube:
- Hardware Security Module Services
- Enterprise Key and Certificate Management
- Data Encryption, Decryption, Validation, and Authentication
- Secure Attached Storage
- SSL/TLS Link Encryption
- Public Key Infrastructure
- Electronic Invoice Signing and Authentication
- Core Cryptographic Infrastructure Backup
CryptoCube offers a broad array of features for ease-of-use, security, administration, and monitoring:
- Complete Customization: CryptoCube can contain a completely customized mix of Futurex Hardened Enterprise Security Platform solutions and is available in three different rackmount sizes (12U, 24U, and 44U). Prior to implementation, Futurex’s Solutions Architects assist in the development of a full deployment plan, taking into account required functionality and future scalability requirements.
- Access Controls: CryptoCube is outfitted with a dual, electromagnetic locking mechanism, smart card reader, and biometric reader for robust, multifactor authentication. User enrollment takes place using the integrated LCD screen, and all sensitive data is processed using a FIPS 140-2 Level 3-validated Secure Cryptographic Device.
- Integrated LCD Screen: All Futurex devices within CryptoCube can be monitored and accessed through the easy-to-use LCD touch screen. From user enrollment to authentication to performance monitoring, the operation of CryptoCube is designed to be as simple and easy-to-use as possible.
- Performance and Environmental Monitoring: Environmental sensors provide active monitoring to ensure optimum functionality. Additionally, performance metrics including CPU usage, memory usage, and transaction processing throughput for all devices contained within CryptoCube are available directly to authenticated users via the front panel display.
- Modular, Turnkey Architecture: Futurex technology employs modular architecture across its platform, enabling turnkey deployment and customization for every part of an organization’s core cryptographic infrastructure. The platform’s enhanced scalability enables organizations to increase capacity with very little effort. CryptoCube’s compact footprint ensures valuable data center space usage is kept to a minimum.
“CryptoCube is the only solution of its kind on the market,” said Brett Smith, President and CEO of Futurex. “With this technology, enterprises can rapidly establish a robust core cryptographic infrastructure in a turnkey manner with full redundancy, completely removing typical barriers to implementation.”