GnuPG is a complete and free implementation of the OpenPGP standard. It allows to encrypt and sign your data and communication, features a versatile key management system as well as access modules for all kinds of public key directories.
GnuPG 2.0.27 is a maintenance release which fixes a couple of bugs, and an update to this version is suggested.
- gpg: Detect faulty use of –verify on detached signatures.
- gpg: New import option “keep-ownertrust”.
- gpg: Uses SHA-256 for all signature types also on RSA keys.
- gpg: Added support for algo names when generating keys using the –command-fd method.
- gpg: Unless –allow-weak-digest-algos is used the insecure MD5 based fingerprints are shown as all zeroe
- gpg: Fixed DoS based on bogus and overlong key packets.
- gpg: Better error reporting for keyserver problems.
- Fixed several bugs related to bogus keyrings and improved some other code.