McAfee announced the availability of McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO) on AWS. This AWS deployment option provides organizations time to focus on security concerns by eliminating the hardware, networking and database maintenance tasks associated with private, server-based solutions.
With infrastructure as a service, customers will experience the benefits of a shared responsibility model with AWS and still have complete control over the data and deployment configurations.
“With such a simple and fast deployment, we are removing barriers for customers to take advantage of our proven and distinct security management platform from anywhere,” said Raja Patel, vice president and general manager of corporate security products, McAfee.
“Offering McAfee ePO on AWS is a game-changer. It’s the most open and integrated security management console available and by keeping it in step with our customers’ cloud transformation, it ensures their security technologies will continue to work together to achieve a stronger security posture.”
A capability within McAfee ePO is its open framework for the security management of McAfee and third-party solutions. This framework continues to be available when deployed in AWS.
With more than 150 certified integrations, McAfee continues to expand the breadth of solutions available and can now manage, and enhance, native security controls from Microsoft Defender when used in conjunction with the new McAfee MVISION Endpoint.
Additional McAfee on AWS benefits include:
- AWS Quick Start: Removes the need to size and design deployment architectures through guided set up wizards,
- AWS Automatic Services: Smart scaling is supported to optimize utilization and expenses, and automatic updates are used to reduce costs associated with patching and upgrading,
- Amazon Relational Database System: By supporting Amazon RDS, this removes the need to purchase and manage a separate database,
- Disaster Recovery: Eliminates the need to manage back up & recovery,
- Management Support: Tailored for your choice of supported devices, including mobile devices, with information sharing between security tools within McAfee ePO.
Users and organizations can access McAfee ePO from the AWS Marketplace.