Dashlane announces the release of Dashlane 6, the password manager app’s answer to the digital identity crisis—the disorganized, unsecure trail of passwords, payments, personal information, emails, files, and more that people leave behind online.
Dashlane 6 tackles people’s need to manage and secure their digital identities with the all-in-one solution for online risk prevention, identity monitoring, and identity restoration.
Dashlane 6 introduces Identity Dashboard, which provides a complete picture of a person’s online security and actionable steps to improve it. The Identity Dashboard integrates dynamic new features like Dark Web Monitoring, credit score monitoring, identity restoration support, and Identity Theft Insurance to put people in control of their digital identities.
“Managing digital identity has become too complex for almost everyone,” says Emmanuel Schalit, CEO of Dashlane. “Massive breaches and data abuses—like the ones at Facebook, Equifax, and Exactis—affect us all, and while protecting accounts with unique and complex passwords is a critical step, it is no longer enough. People must be able to easily manage and monitor all aspects of their digital footprint, whether it’s monitoring credit reports for fraudulent activity or personal information for sale on the dark web. That’s why we created Dashlane 6—to solve that very problem.”
- Enhanced password management: Dashlane’s Password Health section provides customers with a real-time analysis of how secure their passwords really are. It helps them understand which accounts need attention and includes tools to easily strengthen passwords.
- Secure file storage: With 1 GB of storage across devices, Premium and Premium Plus customers can encrypt and store their sensitive files to access them anywhere.
- Secure sharing: Customers can give their friends, family, and coworkers the ability to use their account credentials without ever revealing their passwords to them.
- VPN for WiFi protection: Premium and Premium Plus customers can now secure their internet connection wherever they are with Dashlane’s VPN, which encrypts online activity on unsecure connections to keep personal information safe and private. Customers can operate the VPN on an unlimited number of devices with unlimited data use.
- Identity Dashboard: The new Identity Dashboard is the central hub for digital identity and account security. It lets customers understand what to improve and how to take action.
- Dark Web Monitoring with personalized security alerts: Premium and Premium Plus customers can monitor up to five email accounts and receive security alerts if any personal information is found on the dark web. This service scans more than 32 billion records attached to hacks and data breaches.
- Credit monitoring and alerts powered by TransUnion: Premium Plus customers can view their credit score and summary through tools that provide insight into their credit. Customers receive email alerts when there are critical changes to their credit.
- Expanded Password Changer: In case of a compromised password, customers can use the expanded Password Changer to update and secure impacted passwords on over 500 sites in just one click.
- Identity restoration support: Dashlane now offers Premium Plus customers dedicated, U.S.-based phone support if identity theft occurs. Provided by TransUnion, this service assists in all stages of identity recovery.
- Identity Theft Insurance: Premium Plus users can claim up to $1 million in damages if they experience losses related to identity theft.
Dashlane 6 has three plan options: Free, for secure password management on a single device; Premium, for unlimited password storage across every device and a suite of digital security features such as Dark Web Monitoring and VPN; and Premium Plus, for added protection with credit monitoring, identity restoration support, and up to $1 million in Identity Theft Insurance.