Splunk .conf18 to feature industry visionaries and product innovations
Splunk announced that industry visionaries including Steve Wozniak, will present at .conf18, the annual Splunk conference.
The event will take place from October 1-4, 2018, at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort in Orlando, Florida.
More than 9,000 people are expected to attend .conf18 to learn about the latest Splunk products and innovations spanning IT, security, developer, artificial intelligence and machine learning, mobile, and the Internet of Things (IoT) technology.
Attendees will participate in more than 300 sessions and hear from more than 450 speakers from companies from around the world.
“The product innovations we are unveiling at .conf18 will enable our ecosystem to create value through completely new avenues, and I can’t wait to show our customers and partners what we’ve been building to help them power their digital future,” said Doug Merritt, President and CEO, Splunk.
“.conf18 is the best opportunity for our customers, partners and community members to learn from each others’ uses of data and extraordinary business results. In true Splunk style, after a week of working hard, we will celebrate with equal measure and host everyone at our enormous party at Universal’s Islands of Adventure at Universal Orlando Resort.”
Merritt will deliver his vision for Splunk’s future in the keynote address on Tuesday, October 2, from 9:00-10:30 a.m. ET at the ESPN Arena. He will be joined on stage by Tim Tully, Splunk CTO, to reveal significant updates across the Splunk product portfolio.
Wozniak will be presenting on Thursday, October 4, from 9:00-10:00 a.m. ET at the ESPN Arena and will be taking questions from the audience as part of his presentation.
More than 200 customers will also present how they use Splunk to get answers from data including ABN AMRO, Applied Materials, ATB Financial, Murex, Porsche, Viasat and more.
source=*Pavilion to offer one-on-one and experiential learning
Attendees will have the chance to visit showcases in the source=*Pavilion and events including:
- Customer Success Studio to hear customer success stories and learn how to scale Splunk deployments, apply governance best practices and talk with value consultants to document return on investment.
- Dashboard Control Room to view Splunk analyzing and visualizing data from .conf18, including mobile app usage, foot traffic and other activity details.
- Hands-On Labs to learn the latest Splunk software tips and tricks from Splunk experts. Attendees will learn new skills, hear expert insights and discover the latest technologies to help solve their business challenges.
- Science Sandbox to see new applications of Splunk in real time. Splunk teams will debut their personal technology and IoT experiments throughout the week.
- Splunk Exploratorium to experience some of the ways Splunk is used to analyze data.
- Boss of the SOC & NOC to compete individually or in teams to pivot through realistic data using Splunk Enterprise Security or Splunk IT Service Intelligence.
.conf18 sponsors to showcase latest technology and integrations with Splunk
More than 90 technology vendors and Splunk ecosystem partners, including Accenture, Amazon Web Services, Puppet and more, will showcase demos of their latest technologies and integrations with Splunk.
Advancements and enhancements across Splunk’s Partner+ ecosystem include solutions for IT, Security and the Internet of Things (IoT).
Splunk University to train next generation of Splunk Ninjas
Join over 1,500 Splunk users at Splunk University — a pre-conference educational training program to help Splunk users sharpen their skills and experience the full range of Splunk product features in a live, hands-on setting.
Splunk University at .conf18 offers single-day, two-day, and three-day boot camps from September 29 – October 1. Register through the Splunk University page.