eSentire released Managed Endpoint Defense, powered by Carbon Black. Managed Endpoint Defense will be powered by Carbon Black’s CB Defense, a cloud-delivered endpoint security solution that allows organizations to predict and prevent threats using predictive models, blocking even attacks that other solutions might overlook.
The combination of Managed Endpoint Defense and CB Defense provides organizations the ability to accelerate time-to-value, enabling them to deploy, operationalize and harden NGAV protection to prevent attackers from executing payloads and compromising systems. Managed Endpoint Defense delivers a solution pairing eSentire’s visibility into the threat landscape with MDR to provide a prevention approach.
“We are pleased to partner with Carbon Black to deliver a robust solution that helps our clients accelerate the value of their investment, helping them reach a hardened state more quickly, efficiently and effectively,” said Sean Blenkhorn, Field CTO, eSentire. “Together, with our MDR platform, we provide unparalleled protection, now including endpoint prevention, to our client base.”
“Protecting the endpoint is a critical part of cybersecurity in today’s attack landscape,” said Tom Barsi, SVP of Business Development, Carbon Black. “By combining Carbon Black’s CB Defense with eSentire’s Managed Endpoint Defense, customers can be confident in knowing they have comprehensive protection of critical endpoint assets. We’re thrilled to be expanding our partnership with eSentire.”
“Endpoints are a primary target for cybercriminals. While organizations are spending increasing amounts on endpoint protection, most are achieving only marginal results,” said Aaron Sherrill, Senior Analyst, 451 Research.
“Continuous monitoring and response to advanced endpoint threats requires a combination of technology, expertise, analytics, automation and intelligence that is difficult for most enterprises to deliver on their own. Solutions such as eSentire’s Managed Endpoint Defense alleviate the burden of endpoint protection while delivering the prevention, detection and response capabilities needed to combat today’s modern threats.”
Key features of Managed Endpoint Defense include:
- Dedicated endpoint security team with consultative approach,
- Initial set-up and ongoing, consultative, tuning and refinement of policies,
- Continuous review of non-blocked policy violations with integrated refinements,
- Global threat intelligence integration from eSentire Managed Detection and Response,
- Integrated behavioral and cloud-based reputation to identify deceptive threats,
- Automated blocking to stop advanced and file-less attacks,
- Attack chain visualization,
- Complete endpoint visibility,
- Endpoint isolation capabilities to prevent lateral spread.