Attivo Networks introduced the Informer solution, a deception-based forensic collection offering that delivers real-time forensics with enhanced visibility. As the latest expansion to the ThreatDefend Detection and Response platform, the Informer adds in-depth, and often hard-to-assemble views of the attacker’s activity to accelerate intelligence-driven response and remediation.
The Informer enhances customers’ ability to rapidly gather, understand, and disseminate adversarial intelligence critical to stopping an adversary, and effectively remediating and removing reentry points left by sophisticated and determined attackers. Collectively, these new ThreatDefend features significantly reduce security breach risk and strengthen businesses’ overall security posture by reducing the time required to find an attacker (dwell time) as well as respond to a threat (mean-time-to-remediation).
The average dwell time afforded an attacker currently averages around 100 days globally and demonstrates the complexity and challenges that organizations face in identifying threats before they become a breach. The length of time an attacker remains undetected in the network and the security team’s ability to understand the nature of the attack have a direct correlation to the time it takes- often months- to restore operations of infected systems and to make sure that all traces of the attack are completely removed and adversaries cannot successfully return.
“As attackers become more sophisticated, it’s critical to not only detect their presence but also gain valuable adversary intelligence to anticipate the attacker’s strategy,” said Tushar Kothari, CEO of Attivo Networks. “With the Informer solution from Attivo, defenders now have a more complete view of the attack, can predict where the attacker will move, and can adjust their defenses accordingly to mitigate the risk of a breach.”
The Informer solution is provided within the ThreatDefend platform and benefits the security analysts and incident response teams by
- Delivering an accurate chronological session view of all attacker activity from specific IP addresses as well as host system and network characteristics.
- Capturing forensic information inclusive of volatile memory, registry, and file changes along with lateral movement and network activities. This provides a consolidated view of the source of an attack for the analyst to access, reducing containment, eradication, and recovery times. Additionally, necessary access to forensic artifacts are presented in a clear, concise indexable manner that responders and analysts will recognize and can take action on.
- Providing critical attack details such as memory forensics, endpoint activity, initial compromise intelligence, network packet captures, exploit code, targeted files and system logs that are all collated with a single view and can be easily accessed by all team members. The dashboard saves responders valuable time by displaying detection information in an actionable format and by organizing the attack data for faster intelligence analysis and a means to retrace attacker activities.
- Displaying all lateral movement paths that the attacker has access to, showing potential target systems and open attack paths an attacker would try to compromise and exploit.
- Triggering automated response through native integrations or predefined ThreatOps™ playbooks, accelerating incident response to increase efficiency and reduce effort.
By utilizing the Informer solution, organizations of all sizes will gain a demonstrable improvement in their ability to detect in-network threats quickly and to dramatically reduce a defender’s time to respond from hours to minutes. With clear, concise, and consolidated adversary intelligence, post-incident activity readouts, remediation activities, and other necessary steps typically undertaken after a potential incident or breach will become more streamlined and actionable, saving organizations valuable time and cost.