Zyxel Communications launches high-performance gateway for service providers
Zyxel Communications, a leading provider of secure broadband networking, Internet access and connected home products, announced the expansion of its Multy Pro Whole-Home Managed WiFi System for service providers with the launch of the EMG6726 Dual-Band Wireless AC/N Gigabit Ethernet Gateway.
Designed to deliver smooth multimedia streaming, the EMG6726 is a high-performance AC2400 gateway combining a powerful CPU, 802.11ac 4×4 Wave 2 technology and Gigabit Ethernet connectivity to provide service providers with the power for extended range and high data speeds required for their subscribers’ home networking needs.
When integrated into a Zyxel Multy Pro managed WiFi service, the EMG6726 provides the performance required for service providers to deliver profitable services, generate recurring revenue and create lasting customer satisfaction.
Features and Benefits of the EMG6726 Dual-Band Wireless AC/N Gigabit Ethernet Gateway
- Powerful CPU – Blazing fast network speeds with 1 GHz, dual-core processor coupled with quad-core network accelerator.
- Designed to deliver priority for internet services – Features sophisticated QoS and multicast traffic shaping features like IGMP v1/2/3 snooping and VLAN capabilities for premium video delivery services.
- 11AC WiFi with the latest wave 2 performance – Delivers wireless speeds up to 1.7 Gbps over 5 GHz and 600 Mbps over 2.4 GHz; Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO) and Beamforming provide simultaneous, lag-free streaming and gaming experiences; supports up to four SSIDs for creation of separate WLAN networks for video, data and guests.
- Whole home managed WiFi – Part of the Multy Pro family of whole-home Wi-Fi solutions that features built-in intelligent Wi-Fi optimization with automatic configuration, band steering and seamless roaming features; free self-help mobile app enables subscribers to intuitively view and manage their home networks, improving customer satisfaction and reducing support cost for service providers.
- Remote management – TR-069 simplifies remote configuration, upgrade and management, improving cost effectiveness and customer satisfaction; support for TR-181 Issue 2 enhances service providers’ visibility on subscriber LAN networks for improved customer assistance.
“Service providers face the challenge of satisfying their subscribers’ insatiable demand for increasingly faster data speeds and advanced services delivered to all corners of the home and even beyond the walls,” explained Brian Feng, Senior Vice President at Zyxel Communications. “A Multy Pro Managed WiFi infrastructure with the EMG6726 at the core provides the speeds and whole-home coverage required to support these advanced requirements while providing robust remote management capabilities which lower support costs and improve customer satisfaction.”