Tripwire, a leading global provider of security and compliance solutions for enterprises and industrial organizations, debuted its penetration testing and industrial cybersecurity assessment services at RSA Conference (Booth #6345 North Expo).
With Tripwire’s new services, organizations can establish and maintain a strong foundation of security. The Penetration Testing Assessment leverages highly skilled cybersecurity experts who discover and then exploit vulnerabilities to assess the security of an organization’s IT environment.
Similarly, the Industrial Cybersecurity Assessment provides specialized evaluation of vulnerabilities in industrial control system (ICS) environments, taking into account the operational technology (OT) requirements of utility, manufacturing, oil and gas, and critical infrastructure operators.
Tripwire Penetration Testing Assessment
Tripwire’s pen testing services cover the following areas to ensure critical assets are secure:
- Network services and configuration
- Web application
- Wireless infrastructure
- Client-side and internal infrastructure
- Social engineering and physical security.
To evaluate an organization’s security, Tripwire’s Penetration Testing Assessment examines how:
- Authentication and data traffic flows throughout the network in order to establish the roles of various systems within the network
- Different systems support the business functions of the organization
- Communication moves between a system and its users, providing information needed to design protective control mechanisms.
Tripwire Industrial Cybersecurity Assessment
To identify exposures in industrial environments, Tripwire’s team of security professionals review data from automated vulnerability scanners, proprietary tools and manual assessments. Vulnerabilities are then manually validated in order to determine:
- If a vulnerability represents an actual exposure
- How an exposure may impact systems on the network
- If mitigating factors or prerequisites may prohibit a vulnerability from being exploited under certain conditions.
With its deep industrial expertise, Tripwire can assess the following for vulnerabilities without disrupting operations:
- Energy management systems (EMS)
- Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) systems
- Real-time Control System (RCS) architecture
- Distributed control systems (DCS)
- Programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Network devices.
“We are expanding the ways Tripwire customers can partner with us in developing a strong security strategy,” said Tim Erlin, vice president of product management and strategy at Tripwire.
“Pen testing and assessment services are a good launching point for building a robust security posture. We provide organizations a tangible understanding of their security weaknesses and risks up front, and then help them develop a robust security strategy including critical security controls such as secure configuration and vulnerability management. It’s important that organizations – even those with the most mature security programs – test their defenses and stay up to date on vulnerability protection.”