BigID’s Data Pipeline Discovery solution helps orgs monitor sensitive PII and PI transmission
BigID, the leader in data-centric personal data privacy and protection, announced the industry’s first data discovery solution for data pipelines.
BigID’s privacy-aware Data Pipeline Discovery solution is the first solution to help organizations monitor the transmission of sensitive PII and PI, and the governance of consumer consent across high-speed data pipelines to help organizations comply with global privacy regulations such as the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
“Organizations are using data pipelines to process large amounts of data being streamed from mobile applications, IoT devices and other big data sources,” said Nimrod Vax, Chief Product Officer at BigID.
“Data pipelines are increasingly critical for processing and sharing data both inside and outside a company. Companies are embracing data pipelines to enhance the velocity of data processing in support of key business processes and workflows.
“BigID’s new data scanning for data pipelines allows companies to recognize value from data pipelines while maintaining confidence that sensitive data in motion is handled in accordance with user consent and global privacy regulations.”
BigID introduced the first privacy-aware data discovery and intelligence platform for data at rest two years ago to help organizations find, inventory and map any personal data across the enterprise ahead of GDPR and CCPA.
BigID’s privacy-aware Data Pipeline Discovery solution is the latest in a line of innovations designed to help companies identify and protect sensitive personal information. The BigID platform’s “firsts” include:
- The ability to scan data in motion in data streaming solutions such as Kafka, Kafka Connect, AWS Kinesis and FTP.
- An end-to-end solution for data pipeline scanning with the industry’s broadest support for data sources residing in the data center or the cloud. This includes unstructured files, structured databases, data lakes, big data, data warehouses, mainframes, applications like SAP, SaaS applications such as Salesforce, and cloud environments including AWS, Azure and others.
- Near real-time population of data inventory as data is streamed into the data pipeline, providing fast time-to-value by eliminating the need to rely on a full scan of the data at rest.
- The ability to discover not only personally identifiable information (PII), but contextual personal information (PI), as defined by the new wave of privacy regulations.
- Classification, cataloging and critical correlation for tying data attributes to a person — essential steps for satisfying personal data rights as defined by CCPA and GDPR.
- End-to-end personal data privacy and protection applications built on actual scanned data rather than surveys and spreadsheets.
With the addition of the Data Pipeline Discovery solution, BigID is now the only data privacy vendor to provide comprehensive discovery, classification and correlation of both data at rest and data in motion. The BigID Data Pipeline Discovery solution is available immediately as part of the BigID Enterprise solution edition.