Semperis adds vulnerability assessment, security reporting, and auto-remediation to its DSP
Semperis announced new vulnerability assessment, security reporting, and auto-remediation capabilities in the latest release of Directory Services Protector (DSP), the industry’s most comprehensive Active Directory threat detection and response platform.
Semperis DSP v3.0 is the first-of-its-kind to address the entire lifecycle of a directory cyberattack – from monitoring pre-attack indicators of exposure, to analyzing post-attack forensics, and everything in-between – all integrated into a single console.
“Over twenty years later, Active Directory is still the primary gatekeeper to sensitive credentials and data, which makes it an extremely lucrative target for attackers,” said Darren Mar Elia, Vice President of Products at Semperis.
“Since it wasn’t originally built with today’s threats in mind, Active Directory is riddled with inherent soft spots and risky configurations for attackers to take advantage of.
“The newest developments in DSP empower Semperis customers to be even more proactive about their Active Directory security by adding an extra layer of visibility and control in every stage of the cyber kill chain.”
Business applications on-premises and in the cloud depend on Active Directory, making it a critical piece of an enterprise’s IT infrastructure. However, securing Active Directory is difficult given its constant flux, sheer number of settings, and increasingly sophisticated threat landscape.
With easy access to powerful hacking and discovery tools, attackers are increasingly adept at covering their tracks to silently create backdoors and establish persistent access inside of Active Directory.
“Active Directory is the ‘Achilles’ heel’ for enterprise security programs,” said Christina Richmond, Program Vice President, Security Services at IDC.
“And since Active Directory extends to the cloud and beyond, any tampering of it can compromise the entire identity infrastructure. Basically, if Active Directory isn’t secure, nothing really is. Semperis is offering a timely solution considering that Active Directory has been at the center of many widespread and business-crippling attacks in recent years.”
Government agencies and Global 2000 enterprises already rely on Semperis DSP to defend against cyberattacks that routinely target Active Directory and increasingly circumvent security logging.
Semperis DSP provides uninterrupted tracking of Active Directory modifications and immediate rollback of unwanted changes at the object and attribute level, without mounting backups or taking domain controllers offline.
Semperis DSP v3.0 introduces ground-breaking capabilities to scan Active Directory for vulnerabilities, intercept attacks in progress, and immediately close backdoors created by an attacker or rogue administrator, so critical systems stay secure and available.
Semperis raised the bar by delivering the industry’s most comprehensive approach to securing Active Directory.
Semperis DSP v3.0 new features include:
- Vulnerability assessment: Continuously monitors Active Directory for indicators of exposure and prioritizes vulnerabilities by risk-level.
- Security dashboard: Built-in threat intelligence paired with action-oriented guidance from a community of Active Directory security researchers.
- Auto-remediation: Instantly rolls back critical security-related or operational changes without requiring administrator intervention.
- Integrated changes view: Enhanced user interface provides a single, consolidated view for real-time tracking and rollback of Active Directory changes.
- New report authoring tool: Includes reporting utility for sophisticated LDAP and DSP database queries to create custom security and compliance reports.
- Enhanced logging: New audit notification events can be natively integrated into your SIEM system to speed up forensic analysis and troubleshooting.
The significant enhancements to Semperis DSP v3.0 come during a time of strong momentum for Semperis. The company recently completed a $40 million growth funding round led by Insight Partners, achieved six consecutive profitable quarters, and was named Best Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Solution by SC Magazine’s 2020 Trust Awards.