Veritas 360 Defense protects enterprise data and applications across clouds
Veritas Technologies announced Veritas 360 Defense, an extensible architecture in its space that brings together leading data protection, data governance, and data security capabilities.
Veritas 360 Defense delivers a set of cyber resilience capabilities integrated with leading security vendors, such as CrowdStrike, CyberArk, Qualys, Semperis and Symantec by Broadcom. Veritas 360 Defense has been battle tested against real-world ransomware variants in the Veritas REDLab.
Recent research has shown that it takes 73 days, on average, to identify and contain a ransomware attack. Matt Waxman, SVP and GM, data protection at Veritas, said: “When malware hits data that’s spread across today’s complex, heterogenous, multi-cloud environments, the response is typically managed by multiple teams using disparate tools. This can prolong the time it takes to recover – or even make recovery impossible. Veritas 360 Defense uniquely addresses these challenges by unifying data security, data protection and data governance with our security ecosystem so organizations can recover quickly, know who accessed data and proactively mitigate threats.”
A 360 degree blueprint for cyber resiliency
Built on a proven foundation of Veritas native security capabilities across data security, data protection and data governance, the Veritas 360 Defense reference architecture takes cyber resiliency to the next level by adding REDLab Validation, new product capabilities and integrations with leading security partners:
A unique program for Veritas offerings and integrated security partner solutions, REDLab tests and documents product integrations providing organizations with validated best practices and deployment blueprints to mitigate risk.
By purposefully subjecting the integrated solutions to real-world ransomware attacks in the Veritas isolated, REDLab test environment, customers can be assured that the Veritas validated solution will protect their data, detect threats and allow them to recover with confidence.
New cyber resiliency features in the Veritas portfolio
Veritas is bolstering its cyber recovery capabilities by adding malware scanning for new workloads, including Kubernetes, anomaly detection of administrator actions and data entropy, simplified recovery malware scanning workflows and additional support for Azure Active Directory. In addition, multi-person authorization for critical operations has been added to further harden backup and recovery infrastructure.
Expanded ecosystem of security partner capabilities integrated With 360 Defense, Including:
- Advanced threat protection during pre- and post-incident recovery with the discovery of compromised systems and critical vulnerabilities for restoration, leveraging powerful attack-surface visibility and AI-powered vulnerability management capabilities of the CrowdStrike Falcon platform.
- Advanced privileged access management with credential management to enable security teams to securely access, administer and configure the various solutions and workloads across the Veritas partner ecosystem for 360 Defense. The partner integrations leveraged CyberArk’s API-first approach, developer friendly tools and utilities to simplify securely adding new partners to the ecosystem.
- Assessment, prioritization and remediation of ransomware-causing vulnerabilities and backup storage through Qualys, so recoveries are always free of misconfigured or ransomware-causing vulnerabilities.
- Automated, malware-free Active Directory forest recovery and forensics to cut AD downtime by 90% and eliminate backdoors, attack paths and other vulnerabilities attackers left behind in the environment – through Semperis.
- Protection from threats to primary and secondary data sets through Symantec.
“PwC sees significant value in organizations being able to remove the confusion and complexity associated with protecting their data against security threats using industry leading solutions from multiple industry leading vendors. We work with the world’s largest organizations who are undertaking transformation projects that span global networks. Being able to deploy pre-tested solutions from a tightly knit ecosystem of vendor partners, using validated designs, can vastly simplify the protection process and helps establish their overall security posture,” said Joe Nocera from PwC.
“Securing identities, both human and machine, is the best way to minimize business risk, improve productivity and guard against malicious cyberattacks. The CyberArk Identity Security Platform secures both standing and just-in-time privileged access across the entire organization using intelligent privilege controls. By participating in a strong security ecosystem with partners, like Veritas, we’re helping customers rapidly achieve their compliance objectives and safeguard all lines of defense,” said Clarence Hinton, chief strategy officer and head of corporate development at CyberArk.
“We are thrilled to partner with Veritas to help common customers proactively assess and prioritize with TruRisk and remediate the risk of ransomware-causing vulnerabilities and misconfigurations before they become the cause of the cyber attacks. Integrated with Veritas 360 Defense, Qualys Vulnerability Management, Detection and Response (VMDR) with Integrated Patch Management capabilities delivers the best cyber resilience on-prem and across the cloud,” said Shailesh Athalye, SVP, product management at Qualys.