Kaspersky Lab introduced Kaspersky Security for Ultra Portables. The product includes all of the features and functionality of our most advanced consumer security suite, retooled, optimized and priced specifically for Ultra Portable PC buyers.
The software offers a new approach to keeping users safe. In addition to our top-rated detection technology, this new offering is packed with complete Internet security protection including anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-phishing, anti-spam and anti-hacker technologies. Parental controls and a virtual keyboard are also included to protect an individual’s privacy while shopping and banking online.
Specific Features include:
- Anti-Malware Engine: The Kaspersky 2009 anti-malware engine has been re-engineered to render scanning speed improvements of 300% for its initial scan and 700% speed improvements during all other scans (when compared to previous versions). System boot-up time has been reduced in excess of 35%.
- Minimal System Requirements: Kaspersky has a long-standing reputation of having an especially small system memory requirements. Since available system resources are greatly reduced on Ultra Portables, this is critical to help make the user’s experience the most positive.
- Kaspersky Security Network: Allows your computer to report when it discovers a threat that hasn’t been seen before. All 250 million Kaspersky users benefit from our combined knowledge.
- Parental Controls: Parental Controls have new features that further reinforce family policies. It is now possible to limit Internet time, by quantity and/or to specific hours of the day, along with filtering out the kind of content that is not kid-friendly.
- Application Activity Filtering: Uses multiple methods to determine the trustworthiness of software installed on a user’s computer.
- Automated Standard Hourly Updates: By default, Kaspersky Security selects the best server, checks for signature updates, and automatically downloads and installs new updates hourly, or at a user-specified schedule.
- Intrusion Protection System and 2-way Firewall: Protect you from attackers; protect your privacy.
- Virtual Keyboard: In spite of constant efforts to prevent common spyware attacks such as keylogging, 100 percent detection is an overly optimistic goal. Prevent your valuable personal information and credentials from being stolen by entering them without using your keyboard. Simply mouse over the Virtual Keyboard and click on the appropriate keys on your computer monitor. Your information is entered, well below the radar of malicious screen-scrapers and keyloggers that could record your individual keyboard strokes.
- FREE Technical Support: This includes support via phone, e-mail, live chat and a comprehensive knowledge base.