Apple Remote Desktop 3.3 released
Apple Remote Desktop allows you to manage the Mac computers on your network. Distribute software, provide real-time online help to end users, create detailed software and hardware reports, and automate routine management tasks.
Apple Remote Desktop version 3.3 is now available and it includes two update packages:
- Apple Remote Desktop Client 3.3.1 updates the software that facilitates Remote Management (enabled in Sharing preferences, in System Preferences).
- Apple Remote Desktop Admin 3.3 updates the Remote Desktop application, which can be used to remotely administer Apple Remote Desktop clients.
Improvements in version 3.3:
- Improves support for accessing client computers and task servers behind NAT (Network Address Translation) routers.
- Includes Task Server and Directory Server scanners, for finding client computers known by your task server and clients in computer groups on a directory server.
- New “Reporting” tab in client computer Info window, to set a single reporting policy for the client computer, shared by all Remote Desktop administrator computers.
- New “Administrators” tab in client computer Info window, to display and control which admin computers and task servers are associated with each client computer.
- Client settings configurable by Managed Preferences in Workgroup Manager.
- Support for finding and adding client computers via wide-area Bonjour.
- Resolves an issue using Lock Screen or Curtain mode on a client computer that’s at the login window.
- Improves stability when running Remote Desktop Admin on a Task Server.
- Resolves an issue that could cause build_hd_index files to become very large.
- Improves compatibility with the Application Firewall.
- Change Client Settings task now works when the Remote Desktop administrator has an Active Directory account.
- Improves client stability when Sharing Screen.
- Scheduled UNIX Commands stay scheduled.
- When controlling a remote client, function keys and key combinations for actions such as Force Quit, Log Out, and the Application Switcher are now all sent to the remote computer.
- Improves screen sharing performance with RealVNC.
- Improves performance of encrypted file copies.
- Improves performance of encrypted screen sharing connections.