Zscaler unveiled Zscaler Mobile, which adds a uniform way to secure the mobile experience for small to large organizations.
The solution enforces policy in the cloud, not on the device. This means all network content is scanned, both user traffic and app traffic, to ensure that all malicious content is blocked in the cloud – long before it reaches the mobile device, or the corporate network.
In tandem with Zscaler’s existing Web and e-mail cloud security services, Zscaler Mobile enforces the same policy for users wherever they go, across all their devices. The new solution ensures protection for leading smartphones and tablets including iPhone, iPad and Android devices.
Zscaler launched its cloud-delivered, web security service in 2008 and is now protecting millions of users in 140 countries. Zscaler Mobile leverages this proven infrastructure to extend protection to mobile devices. Key features include:
- Uniform policy for users: Zscaler allows IT administrators to define a uniform policy for any user and have it seamlessly enforced regardless of the device the user is connecting with. Administrators no longer have to deal with multiple point products to secure PCs, smartphones and tablets.
- Global footprint for near-zero latency: With over 40 strategically located data centers worldwide, Zscaler minimizes latency associated with inspecting traffic in the cloud.
- No extra software to install on mobile devices: Unlike other mobile security vendors that require platform-specific apps to be installed on every device, Zscaler Mobile works seamlessly across mobile platforms, including iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Up-to-date 24×7 mobile security: Zscaler Mobile requires no signature updates and provides real-time inspection in the cloud for every web transaction, regardless of whether it came from a browser or from an app installed on the device.
- No degradation of device performance: Zscaler Mobile runs in the cloud and has no impact on device performance, battery life, or processing resources.
- Centralized reporting and administration: Zscaler provides real-time logs and reports for any user, from any location, on any device, at any time.