Webroot released Mobile Security for Android which protects users as they browse, text, and download apps on Android devices. A basic version, offering more limited features, is also available for free on the Android Market.
Webroot Mobile Security for Android leverages Webroot’s anti-malware and cloud-based and URL scanning technologies to block threats and assess the safety of website links before a user clicks on them. It includes multiple features to protect a user’s personal information if the device is lost or compromised.
Unlike other applications on the market, it also automatically checks device settings to ensure they are secure.
Protects your identity and personal information if your mobile device is lost or stolen:
- Remotely locks your mobile device so it can’t be used by anyone but you
- Remotely wipes your contacts, text messages, and other personal information
- Sends a temporary access code to a trusted friend in case you forget your password
- Sends you a map showing exactly where your device is located
- Sounds a loud alert to help you locate your phone or tablet nearby.
Blocks mobile threats before they can infect your mobile device, without affecting performance:
- Scans apps before they are installed to ensure they are safe
- Scans web links and URLs to block phishing and other harmful content before you connect
- Runs quietly in the background and requires no prompting or interaction from you
- Checks for security updates every day to ensure you have the latest protection
- Will not slow down your device or mobile browser
- Light on memory and battery usage.
Automatically safeguards your privacy:
- Blocks unwanted calls and text messages
- Scans your device to ensure key settings are secure
- Informs you which apps have access to your personal information.