In order to guard against growing mobile malware threats, Juniper Networks offers the tips below.
- Install an on-device anti-malware solution to protect against malicious applications, spyware, infected SD cards, and malware-based attacks on the device
- Use an on-device personal firewall to protect device interfaces
- Require robust password protection for device access
- Implement anti-spam software to protect against unwanted voice and SMS/MMS communications
- For parents, use device usage monitoring software to oversee and control pre-adult mobile device usage and protect against cyberbullying, cyberstalking, exploitative or inappropriate usage, and other threats.
For enterprises, government agencies and SMBs:
- Employ on-device anti-malware to protect against malicious applications, spyware, infected SD cards and malware-based attacks against the mobile device
- Use SSL VPN clients to effortlessly protect data in transit and ensure appropriate network authentication and access rights
- Centralize locate and remote lock, wipe, backup and restore facilities for lost and stolen devices
- Strongly enforce security policies, such as mandating the use of strong PINs/Passcodes
- Leverage tools to help monitor device activity for data leakage and inappropriate use
- Centralize mobile device administration to enforce and report on security policies.