The SANS European Digital Forensics and Incident Response Summit returns to London on the 21st and 22nd of September.
Following the great success of last years inaugural event, SANS is looking forward to returning to London with excellent content and great speakers, some of the biggest experts in the community.
Everyone who has been following the news during the last few weeks has seen how organized crime and hacker groups are breaking into some of the biggest organizations of the world. The question, as always, remains: is there anything that can be done about it?
When a breach has already happened, it is time to contain the incident and mitigate the damage. This year’s EU Summit will be precisely focused on that, on analysing the biggest threats and challenges that are behind those breaches, and learning by the hands of many of the top experts in the field how to react to those attacks and potentially prevent them through a deep understanding of their strategy.
This event will deliver on the SANS promise: highly technical content, real life experience, dozens of tools, strategies and techniques that you can put to work as soon as you go back to the office.
This year’s summit agenda is focused on topics such as:
- The role of malware and botnets in the latest waves of attacks, and how to fight them
- How the Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) is changing the rules of attack and defense
- The unstoppable targeted attacks, like the ones performed through PDF malware
- Database Breach Investigations, the ultimate objective of the attackers in most recent attacks
- Latest advances in Memory Forensic Analysis, which allows to detect malicious activities in an unprecedented way.
- Discovery of traces of anti-forensic techniques
- Forensic Analysis of Mobile Devices, such as the iPhone or Android
- The value of eDiscovery technologies when searching for malicious insider activities.
The agenda will be expanding and evolving over the coming weeks, right up to the event itself, to ensure that the trainers bring you the most up to date information.
Following on from the two day summit we are also very pleased to offer, for the only time this year in Europe, SANS FOR610: Reverse Engineering Malware: Malware Analysis Tools and Techniques, this will also be running on the 5 days following the summit, September 23rd – 27th.
For more information about the SANS European Digital Forensics and Incident Response Summit, go here.