IBM unveiled its Hosted Mobile Device Security Management service that helps organizations protect against data loss and other risks caused by device theft, unauthorized access, malware, spyware, and inappropriate applications.
It is designed to help mitigate security risks associated with the increasing number of employee-owned and corporate-liable mobile devices accessing sensitive business data. Delivered as a hosted, managed service, clients can put these controls into action without the need to deploy and manage systems or to make a major investment of in-house personnel and technology.
Capabilities in the new mobile device security management service include:
- Configuring employee devices to comply with security policies and actively monitoring to help ensure compliance over time
- Securing data in the event that a device is lost or stolen
- Helping to find a lost or stolen device – wherever it is
- Protecting against spyware and viruses
- Detecting and removing malicious and unapproved applications
- Monitoring and tracking user activity
- Enabling more secure connectivity.
The company is working with Juniper Networks on this mobile security service for the underlying protection and device management technology for leading platforms such as Apple iOS, Google Android, BlackBerry, Symbian and Microsoft Windows Mobile through the Juniper Networks Junos Pulse Mobile Security Suite.