With the proliferation of security threats, many people and companies are looking for ways to increase the security of their networks and data.
Before you can effectively implement security technologies and techniques, you need to make sense of this complex and quickly evolving world of hackers and malware, as well as the tools to combat them.
Network Security First-Step, Second Edition explains the basics of network security in easy-to-grasp language that all of us can understand.
This book takes you on a guided tour of the core technologies that make up and control network security. Whether you are looking to take your first step into a career in network security or simply are interested in gaining knowledge of the technology, this book is for you.
- Learn how hacker attacks work
- Choose the right security solution for each type of risk
- Create clear and enforceable security policies, and keep them up to date
- Establish reliable processes for responding to security advisories
- Use encryption effectively, and recognize its limitations
- Secure your network with firewalls, routers, and other devices
- Prevent attacks aimed at wireless networks.