McAfee announced a new version of its Mobile Security software, providing smartphone and tablet owners with more controls to preserve their privacy and protection against financial fraud, identity theft and viruses.
Available now, McAfee Mobile Security 2.0 supports Google Android-based smartphones and tablets, including those running on Intel architecture as well as BlackBerry and Symbian smartphones.
New features include McAfee App Alert, which provides important information about what apps are doing with users’ personal information. Call and SMS filtering block unwanted numbers and spam texts. The app is also powered by the McAfee Global Threat Intelligence network, which constantly analyzes global threat data to identify and block new threats with over-the-air app updates.
McAfee Mobile Security software provides:
- Complete Anti-virus, Anti-spyware and Anti-phishing Protection: Scans for malicious code from files, memory cards, applications, Internet downloads and text messages
- Protection from Potentially Unwanted Programs: McAfee is the first to protect users from applications that include commercial spyware, adware and dialers, despite the fact that these programs may have been downloaded in conjunction with a program that the user wants
- Web Protection: McAfee SiteAdvisor® protects against Web threats by blocking risky links within SMS, email and social networking sites. It also safeguards against potential phishing sites, browser exploits and malicious quick response (QR) codes.
- App Protection: McAfee App Alert for Android helps users keep private data private by interpreting how apps are accessing and possibly transmitting personal data
- Call and SMS Filtering: Easily filters out spammers, incorrect numbers and unwanted texts
- Online Management: The McAfee Web portal lets users quickly execute needed security tasks, such as backup, restore, locate, and remote lock and wipe
- Uninstall Protection: Prevents a thief or another user from bypassing their McAfee mobile protection.