Now you can overcome the vexing, real-life issues you confront when creating apps for the iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch.
By making use of more than 100 new recipes in this updated cookbook, you’ll quickly learn the steps necessary for writing complete iOS apps, whether they’re as simple as a music player or feature a complex mix of animations, graphics, multimedia, a database, and iCloud storage.
If you’re comfortable with iOS SDK, iOS 5 Programming Cookbook will teach you how to use hundreds of iOS techniques.
Each recipe provides a clear solution with sample code that you can use right away:
- Use different approaches to construct a user interface
- Develop location-aware apps
- Get working examples for implementing gesture recognizers
- Play audio and video files and access the iPod library
- Retrieve contacts and groups from the Address Book
- Determine camera availability and access the Photo Library
- Create multitasking-aware apps
- Maintain persistent storage in your apps
- Use Event Kit to manage calendars and events
- Learn capabilities of the Core Graphics framework
- Access the accelerometer and gyroscope
- Take advantage of the iCloud service.