Get a rapid introduction to iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch programming. With this easy-to-follow guide, you’ll learn the steps necessary for developing your first marketable iOS application, from opening Xcode to submitting your product to the App Store.
Whether you’re a developer new to Mac programming or an experienced Mac developer ready to tackle iOS, this is your book.
You’ll learn about Objective-C and the core frameworks hands-on by writing iOS applications that use them, giving you the basic skills for building your own applications independently.
Packed with code samples, this book is refreshed and updated for iOS 5 and Xcode 4.
- Discover the advantages of building native iOS apps
- Get started with Objective-C and the Cocoa Touch frameworks
- Dive deep into the table view classes for building user interfaces
- Handle data input, parse XML and JSON documents, and store data on SQLite
- Use iOS sensors, including the accelerometer, magnetometer, camera, and GPS
- Build apps that use the Core Location and MapKit frameworks
- Integrate Apple’s iCloud service into your applications.