PacketFence is a fully supported, trusted, free and open source network access control (NAC) system.
Among the features provided by PacketFence, there are:
- BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) workflows
- Simple and efficient guests management
- Multiple enforcement methods including Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Compliance checks for computers present on your network
- Integration with various vulnerability scanners and intrusion detection solutions
- Bandwidth accounting for all devices.
PacketFence is an unobtrusive solution that works with equipment from many vendors (wired or wireless) such as Cisco, Aruba, ExtremeNetworks, Juniper Networks, Nortel/Avaya, Hewlett-Packard, Meru Networks, Foundry/Brocade, Enterasys, Accton/Edge-corE/SMC, 3Com, D-Link, Intel, Dell, Aerohive, Motorola and many more.
New features in 3.5:
- brand new Web-based configuration interface
- Ability to show different captive portals based on which SSID you connect to
- New remediation module for SourceFire 3D
- New equipment support from Netgear (GS110) and Cisco (3560G and Aironet in WDS mode).