HP announced additions to its security solutions portfolio that enable enterprises to assess, transform, optimize and manage their security environments.
Cloud, mobility and big data initiatives are helping organizations solve pressing challenges, while driving accelerated innovation, enhanced agility and improved financial management. However, these initiatives also can introduce big security concerns.
“Cybersecurity threats are growing exponentially, and without a proactive information risk management strategy, enterprise growth, innovation and efficiencies are hindered,” said George Kadifa, executive vice president, Software, HP.
For public sector organizations, security threats are continuing to escalate, regulations are becoming more complex and budgets are shrinking. HP Security for Public Sector reflects the breadth and depth of HP’s security services capabilities to meet the exacting standards of these organizations worldwide. New additions to this portfolio include:
- New features added to HP Assured Identity, a solution that offers simplified identity, credential and access management. It enables tighter controls against insider threats, robust identity proofing and reduced complexity around secure information sharing between collaborating organizations.
- Comprehensive Applications Threat Analysis (CATA) on Demand lowers the cost of application security by addressing threats throughout the development life cycle.
- HP Security Operations Center (SOC) Consulting Services, designed for public sector clients outside the United States, enable clients to establish an on-site intelligent cybersecurity operations center. Clients also can acquire HP Services to assist in managing the center. This service complements HP’s U.S. Public Sector security consulting and security operations center service.
HP also unveiled new products and services to provide clients transparency and control over their entire organization. New offerings include:
- HP Data Center Protection Services evaluate organizations’ existing security practices and provide actionable recommendations to help them optimize infrastructure and improve program management across the data center.
- HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager 6.0c is a powerful, scalable security monitoring and compliance solution that identifies and remediates cyberthreats faster than ever before. HP ArcSight Enterprise Security Manager rapidly identifies security threats across an organization’s infrastructure and prioritizes critical issues to reduce potential damage.
- HP TippingPoint NX Platform Next Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems (NGIPS) ensures protection across network devices, virtual machines, operating systems and business-critical applications by adding significant capacity for deep-packet traffic inspection. The new modular architecture is designed to adapt automatically to threats as they are discovered, while allowing organizations to save rack space and maintain consistent power consumption and cooling costs.
HP also announced a mobile application for IT security professionals that utilizes data from HP Digital Vaccine Labs (DVLabs) to monitor current and trending cyberthreats. HP Information Security Pulse, available at no additional cost, enables security professionals to rapidly determine and address risks that may affect their environment. The application is currently available for webOS, Apple iOS, Android and web browser platforms.