At the RSA Conference 2013 in San Francisco, Centrify Corporation announced the general availability of Centrify for Mobile 2013 and Centrify for SaaS 2013, a set of integrated capabilities enabled by the Centrify Cloud Services platform that delivers secure, enterprise-class mobility with integrated application Single Sign-on (SSO) to improve security and increase workforce productivity in the enterprise.
Rapid employee adoption of SaaS and rich mobile applications combined with BYOD programs means that IT organizations increasingly don’t own the endpoint devices or back-end application resources on their networks. At the same time, end users are increasingly challenged to deal with the password sprawl associated with the on-premise and cloud-based services they need to access to perform their jobs. A unified approach to managing an employee’s digital identity that spans on-premise, cloud and mobile resources provides the visibility and control required for IT organizations to achieve compliance, reduce costs and mitigate risks, while also increasing productivity and securing access for their user centric, mobile workforce.
The Centrify Cloud Services platform integrates application Single Sign-on, Mobile Device Management, Mobile Application Management, mobile authentication and Mobile Container Management services in a single solution that enables organizations to easily manage mobile and cloud initiatives via an infrastructure they already own — Active Directory.
The Centrify Cloud Services platform integrates with existing Active Directory infrastructure, skill sets and processes, and enables both Centrify for Mobile and Centrify for SaaS, both of which have undergone major enhancements.
Key new features of Centrify for Mobile 2013 include:
- New Mobile Authentication Services (MAS) — Zero Sign-on authentication for mobile applications to cloud services leveraging Active Directory.
- New Mobile Application Management (MAM) —a unified interface to manage both mobile and web applications, assign access rights based on roles, as well as auto-provision and de-provision mobile applications centrally. Additionally, includes enterprise app catalog with user self-service and support for 3rd party apps and custom apps.
- Enhanced Mobile Device Management (MDM) — Expanded device management support for both Android and iOS platforms with full control over devices, auto-management of ActiveSync mailbox access control lists, and integration with Apple Configurator for mass or bulk deployment and remote management of iOS devices.
- New Mobile Container Management (MCM) — Available to device manufacturers and service providers, MCM enables centralized management capabilities supporting secured containers to provide users with single sign-on for seamless access to mobile and web applications within the container. This provides the user with clear separate work and personal environments where enterprise IT can ensure proper security on the work environment without adversely affecting user privacy or usability of the personal device.
- Unified Administration — Centrify Cloud Services delivers a unified administrative experience for Mobile Device Management and Mobile Container Management, as well as Mobile and Web application and application authentication management all through a single web console, the Centrify Cloud Manager.
Centrify for SaaS 2013 is now also generally available and allows users to securely utilize their existing Active Directory credentials to get SSO to their SaaS apps from a web browser running on any system, laptop or mobile device, whether the endpoint is on the corporate network or not. Centrify for SaaS supports hundreds of cloud-based apps, including Salesforce.com, WebEx, Box.net, and hundreds more. In addition, the service offers the MyCentrify portal where users obtain one-click access to all their SaaS apps from their PC, and can utilize self-service features that let them locate, lock or wipe their mobile devices, and also reset their Active Directory passwords or manage their Active Directory attributes. A mobile app version is also available on the Apple App Store and Google Play.
Centrify for Mobile 2013 is priced at $3 per device per year, which includes technical support and access to feature updates. Centrify for SaaS 2013 is priced at $4 per user per month. There is also a free Express version of these solutions.
Centrify’s latest innovation has been chosen by Samsung to provide key enabling technology for Samsung’s next generation mobile enterprise solution.