Windows 10 is now available to users around the world, and it comes with new security features.
AV-Comparatives tested a variety of software titles to see which of them are compatible with the new operating system. The test checked whether the programs’ essential functions work the same way on Windows 10 as they do on Windows 8.1.
The Windows 10 compatible security products include:
- Avast Free Antivirus 10.3.2223
- AVG Internet Security 2015.0.6110
- Avira Antivirus Pro 188.8.131.529
- Bitdefender Internet Security 184.108.40.2064
- BullGuard Internet Security 15.1.307
- Emsisoft Anti-Malware 10.0.0.5561
- ESET Smart Security 8.0.319.0
- Fortinet FortiClient 5.2.3.0633
- F-Secure Internet Security 15.3
- Kaspersky Internet Security 220.127.116.114
- Panda Free Antivirus 15.01.00.0006
- Quick Heal Total Security 16.00 (18.104.22.168)
- Sophos Enpoint Security and Control 10.3.12.312
- Tencent PC Manager 10.11.25856.501
- ThreatTrack VIPRE Internet Security 22.214.171.124
- Trend Micro Internet Security 10.0.1150
The test system was a Lenovo ThinkPad Twist with an Intel Core i3-3217U processor and 4 GB RAM, with a clean, updated installation of 64-bit Windows 10, Build 10240.
For users who plan to install Windows 10 by upgrading an existing Windows system, AV-Comparatives recommended uninstalling the existing security program before updating, and then installing the latest version of the program when the upgrade is complete.