Work with NTFS and HFS+ under Mac OS X
Paragon Software released two cross-platform technologies – NTFS for Mac OS X 9.0 and HFS+ for Windows 9.0, designed to eliminate barriers between Windows and Mac operating systems, and ease data manipulation and data transfer for dual boot users.
Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 9.0 is a standalone application that adds NTFS file allocation system support to Mac OS X, including Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, and allows partitioning operations with NTFS volumes under Mac OS X.
Paragon HFS+ for Windows 9.0 is an application based on a special driver that allows the operating system to access and manipulate HFS-formatted files.
These new tools are based on Paragon’s own Universal File System Driver (UFSD) technology – specifically developed to provide full access (read/write, format, etc.) to volumes of the most popular file systems (NTFS, HFS+, FAT, Ext2/2FS, etc.) under various platforms (Mac, Windows, Linux and DOS).
Key Features of Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X 9.0:
- Support for Mac OS X 10.7 Lion
- No system degradation during data transfers
- No limitation to maximum file/partition size (must be within Mac OS X and NTFS specifications)
- HFSX/HFS+ partitions read access for Windows users.
Key Features of Paragon HFS+ for Windows 9.0:
- Support for journaling
- Greatly improved stability
- Unified Installer for 32 and 64 Bit systems
- Files and folder with “.” as the first symbol of file name are shown as hidden
- USB 3.0 ready.