VM Explorer is a management tool that eases management, backup and disaster recovery tasks in your VMware ESX environment. Backups can be stored on ESX, Windows, Linux and FreeBSD based storage platforms or directly to a SAN.
In addition to full backups VM Explorer supports Changed Block Trakcing (CBT) to create incremental backups. Restore your backups to any version in the history.
The main new features of VM Explorer 3.5 are:
- Built-In Scheduler Service: VM Explorer 3.5 runs now as own Service. No need to keep your user logged in or use windows scheduler.
- Advanced Email reporting: The Email reporting has been enhanced and contains more information. In addition, the reports can also be viewed within VM Explorer. It’s possible to choose between daily report or single scheduled task report.
- Advanced scheduled task reporting: scheduled reports can also be viewed within VM Explorer or exported as html.
- Added “On error execute next task” functionality in order to perform next task, within a scheduled task, in case of errors.
- Added “delete backup” functionality in file explorer.
- Added more configuration options for incremental backup.
- Added possibility to power on the VM after restore process.
- Backup Explorer: The new created Backup Explorer allows you to search all backups ever created. It’s a fast and handy tool for not loosing the overview. A restore can directly be initiated from here.
- Many minor improvements for incremental and full backups.