RIPS finds vulnerabilities in PHP applications using static code analysis. By tokenizing and parsing all source code files RIPS is able to transform PHP source code into a program model and to detect sensitive sinks (potentially vulnerable functions) that can be tainted by user input (influenced by a malicious user) during the program flow.
Besides the structured output of found vulnerabilities RIPS also offers an integrated code audit framework for further manual analysis.
Code audit interface:
- scan and vulnerability statistics
- grouped vulnerable code lines (bottom up or top down)
- vulnerability description with example code, PoC, patch
- exploit creator
- file list and graph (connected by includes)
- function list and graph (connected by calls)
- userinput list (application parameters)
- source code viewer with highlighting
- active jumping between function calls
- search through code by regular expression
- 8 syntax highlighting designs.