Understanding IPv6, 3rd Edition
Get in-depth technical information to put IPv6 technology to work—including networks with hardware running Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012.
Written by a networking expert, Understanding IPv6, 3rd Edition explains IPv6 features and benefits, and provides detailed information to help you implement this protocol.
You’ll learn best practices for using IPv6 services in your Windows network, whether you’re an IT professional, a network administrator, or an IT student.
Discover how to:
- Use Windows features and tools to implement IPv6 on your network
- Set up a test lab to experiment with IPv6 configuration and functionality
- Understand dynamic routing and the IPv6 routing protocols
- Use IPv6 transition technologies to support both IPv4 and IPv6 during deployment
- Implement IPv6 security features and measures
- Deploy native IPv6 connectivity to an IPv4-only intranet
- Apply best practices from the Microsoft corporate network case study
- Test your understanding of IPv6 concepts with end-of-chapter quizzes.