Sophos Delivers Anti-Virus Protection For Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server
MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 offers gateway protection against computer viruses
Sophos, a world leader in corporate anti-virus protection, today announced the launch of Sophos MailMonitor for Exchange 2000, a gateway anti-virus solution specifically developed for Microsoft Exchange 2000 servers. This solution provides Microsoft Exchange 2000 users at large and mid-sized enterprises with high-performance and reliable protection against more than 72,000 computer viruses, worms and Trojan horses.
MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 scans for viruses in all incoming emails, enabling network administrators to either disinfect, delete or quarantine infected messages. By scanning for malicious code at the gateway level, MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 protects wide area- and local area- networks from viruses before they enter the organisation.
MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 uses officially supported Microsoft API calls to tightly integrate into the Exchange 2000 software. In addition to this, future versions of MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 will support Microsoft Exchange’s virus-scanning API, VS API 2.0.
“Naturally we’re delighted that anti-virus industry experts like Sophos are committing themselves to Microsoft Exchange and VS API 2.0,” said Garry Tugwell-Smith, Server Solutions Product Marketing Manager at Microsoft Ltd. “Security considerations are paramount in today’s climate – which is why organisations such as Microsoft and Sophos are working to provide superior protection for their customers.”
“By combining Microsoft Exchange 2000 with Sophos MailMonitor, businesses can benefit from scalable, high-performance and secure messaging services,” said David Mitchell, MailMonitor product manager at Sophos Anti-Virus. “MailMonitor for Exchange 2000 is the latest in our portfolio of anti-virus products, all of which are specifically designed to protect corporate networks from the threat of viruses.”
Sophos’s award-winning anti-virus technology has received accreditation from independent testing bodies such as West Coast Labs, Virus Bulletin and ICSA – all of whom confirm that Sophos is capable of detecting 100 percent of the in-the-wild viruses.
About MailMonitor for Exchange 2000:
– Scans all mail passing through the Exchange server.
– Detects and disinfects all viruses found.
– Scans Exchange 2000 mailboxes in Immediate and Scheduled modes.
– Infected body text can be disinfected, deleted or quarantined.
– Administrator has full control over quarantined messages.
– Allows multiple scheduled jobs to be configured for automatic
scanning of mailboxes at predetermined times.
– Scans Exchange 2000 mailboxes on demand.
– Provides automatic centralised reporting of virus incidents.
– Allows remote administration.
– Protects WANs and LANs from viruses before they enter the organisation.
– Is transparent to end users.
– Detects viruses in compressed attachments including recursive ZIP, LZH, ARJ, RAR, GZIP, TAR and CMZ archives.
– Detects Macintosh viruses.
– Is updated constantly.
– Easily detects polymorphic viruses using Sophos’s advanced Virus Description Language (VDL) and a built-in code emulator.
Sophos is one of the world’s largest specialist developers of anti-virus software. The products are sold and supported through a global network of subsidiaries and partners in more than 150 countries. Sophos Anti-Virus is widely used by large corporations, banks and governments.