AuthenTec released the AES2550 fingerprint sensor which is optimized for PCs and peripherals, offering fingerprint imaging, sensor durability and ESD protection. The AES2550 brings convenient security to PC users by eliminating burdensome passwords and website logins, as well as Power of Touch features such as personalization and navigation. The AES2550 sensor’s AlwaysOn authentication capability greatly reduces security risks if a PC is lost or stolen, and allows users to leave their PCs unattended without fear that an unauthorized person might tamper with stored or network files.
The AES2550 is based on TruePrint technology to deliver accurate and reliable fingerprint imaging. TruePrint reads below the surface of the skin to the live layer, where a person’s true fingerprint resides. This unique subsurface approach enables AuthenTec sensors to overcome common skin surface conditions to read virtually every fingerprint, every time.
The sensor also integrates AuthenTec’s highly accurate TrueMatch pattern matching technology and TrueFinger anti-spoofing technology, which dynamically measures the properties of the skin during the scanning process to prevent any type of “fake finger’ attack.
AES2550 technical specifications:
- High Definition 192 x 8 Pixel Array (500 pixels per inch)
- Advanced Durable Surface Coating (6-H hardness)
- IEC 61000-4-2 Level 4 ESD Capability
- USB 2.0 Full Speed Interface
- Serial Flash Interface
- TruePrint RF Subsurface Imaging Technology
- TrueMatch Pattern Matching Technology
- TrueFinger Anti-Spoofing Technology
- TrueNav Cursor and Menu Navigation
- 1.8V Core with 3.3V USB I/O
- Low Current Consumption
- 45 BGA Package
- Integrated Finger Drive.