Check Point announced the Check Point Smart-1 security management appliance line. The new line of four appliances offer enterprises a solution that unifies network, IPS and endpoint security policy management and provide up to 12 terabytes (TB) of integrated log storage.
Security administrators invest great effort into managing the security policies responsible for safeguarding networks and endpoints. The Smart-1 appliances are designed to ease the process. From one console, administrators can manage IPS, network and endpoint security policies, and through Check Point’s unique Software Blade architecture, customers can extend the standard capabilities of Smart-1 appliances by adding additional management blades as needed. Smart-1 appliances also streamline security management by offering integrated storage of log data from across multiple enterprise-wide devices. This aids administrators meet compliance requirements and perform forensic analysis.
Check Point Smart-1 security management appliances offer enterprises easy log access with unsurpassed log storage and performance capabilities. Up to 12 TB of integrated RAID log storage provides approximately three years of enterprise-wide logs. System performance supports up to approximately 30,000 logs per second for high-throughput data capture. Combined with built-in Storage Area Networks (SAN) support including high performance fiber optic connectivity, Smart-1 appliances reduce the costs of acquiring, deploying and maintaining server attached distributed storage for customers.
The Smart-1 appliance line includes:
- Smart-1 150: Security management for large enterprises and service providers with 150 gateways or more that provides up to 12 TB of integrated log storage
- Smart-1 50: Security management for enterprises and service providers with 50 to 150 gateways that provides up to 4 TB of integrated log storage
- Smart-1 25: Security management for enterprises with 25 to 50 gateways that provides 2 TB of integrated log storage
- Smart-1 5: Security management for businesses with 5 to 25 gateways including up to 500 GB of integrated log storage.
Features and benefits of Smart-1 also include:
- Software Blade architecture provides unparalleled security flexibility and extensibility, allowing customers to select the exact security management solutions they need and expand further with additional software blades
- Library of 10 management software blades to choose from including: Network Policy Management, Endpoint Policy Management, Logging & Status, Monitoring, Management Portal, User Directory, IPS Event Analysis, Provisioning, Reporting, and Event Correlation
- Check Point Provider-1 functionality is also included in Smart-1 50 and Smart-1 150 appliances, enabling multi-domain management by unifying data from multiple management servers.
- Integrated Lights Out Management (LOM) provides out-of-band remote monitoring and management
- Redundant and hot swappable components ensure a high degree of reliability, availability and serviceability
- Hardware health check monitoring identifies problems before they arise
- Smart-1 all-in-one devices preserve valuable data center rack and floor space and reduce power and cooling requirements.