MAP Toolkit 4.0 is an integrated planning toolkit that makes it easier for you to quickly identify what servers, workstations and network devices are in your environment. There is no agent that has to be installed on target machines and it’s able to discover all computers in Active Directory and in workgroup environments.
MAP can get hardware and device inventory, hardware compatibility analysis and generate actions that are environment specific to help with migration to the latest Microsoft technologies.
What’s New in MAP 4.0 Beta?MAP-UI-4-0-beta
- Windows 7 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- Virtualization Candidates Assessment for Hyper-V R2 Server Consolidations
- Integration with the Microsoft Integrated Virtualization ROI Calculator
- Inventory of VMware Server Hosts and Guests
- User Interface and Proposal Customization for Partner Co-Branding
- Enhanced Usability and Improved Inventory Performance
Additional Features – Carried over from version 3.2
- Virtualization Candidates Assessment for Hyper-V Server Consolidation
- Windows Vista Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- Windows Server 2008 Hardware and Device Compatibility Assessment
- 2007 Microsoft Office Readiness Assessment
- SQL Server Instance Discovery
- Desktop Security Assessment for Anti-virus and Anti-malware Programs Installation
- Forefront Client Security/NAP Readiness Assessment
- Online Services (Exchange Online) Assessment
- App-V Infrastructure Readiness Assessment
- Power Savings “Green IT” Calculator
Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 4.0 can be downloaded from TechNet. News via Jeff Alexander.